A Note to My Kid gives the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) community, their parents, family and friends the opportunity to share their unconditional love with one another. The site also provides a resource for people who may not know how to broach the subject of sexuality with the opportunity to learn from example, while serving as a steadfast reminder that there's a lot of love and support that exists for the LGBTQ community; that we are not alone. It’s our ultimate goal that A Note to My Kid will help create such impenetrable bonds between members of our community and their loved ones that if a gay teenager is bullied at school, a lesbian is discriminated against at work or a transgender person is chastised while simply walking down the street that the negative impact will be far less because they will know that they are loved unconditionally by the most important people in their lives.
Help Spread the Love!
Interested in telling your family and friends about A Note to My Kid? Here are just a few ways you can help make an impact:
- Encourage your parents, family and friends to write notes, share videos or submit captioned photo that help communicate your unconditional love for the LGBTQ people you love.
- If you're a member of the LGBTQ community, write a note, share a video or submit a captioned photo that communicates your unconditional love for the parent, family member or friend you hold so dear to your heart.
- "Like" A Note to My Kid on Facebook.
- Tweet about A Note to My Kid as a resource for parents, family and friends of LGBTQ community members.
Board of Directors
- Patrick Wallace, Co-Founder and Executive Director
- Mike Curry, Co-Founder and Creative Director
- Michael Volpatt, Co-Founder
- Nicole Murray Ramierz, Vice President
- Carin Canale, Vice President
- Big Mike Phillips, Secretary
- Ken Triemstra, Treasurer
If you have any questions about A Note to My Kid, or would like to know how you can help make a positive impact by contributing a note, video, photo or inspirational story about an LGBTQ individual to the site, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
Thanks and love!
© 2011 - 2013. All rights reserved